2014-02-16

Abandon the sinking Office 2003 ship by jumping on board an alternative office suite

Link To Article
Date of Article:  2014-02-13   
Source of Article:  TechRepublic  
Another article on the upgrade options a user of Office 2003 has which includes the features and cost in its analysis.  April is getting close and I agree with the author that having access to
For those who use publisher I have made some limited use of Scribus but have done most of my desktop publishing using Word.  By the way, Scribus is available as both a standard installed application and as a PortableApp as is Libre Office.
I have used the Base database which comes with Libre Office and it is powerful but not as easy to use to develop applications as Access is.
I am not familiar with the Zimbra email app but intend to look into it.  I'm currently using Thunderbird and even if I migrated my email to Zimbra I would still have to  use Thunder for its RSS functionality.
Disclaimer:  I use Microsoft Office 2010, the latest versions of Libre & Open Office, and PortableApps.  I have no known financial interest in any of the companies that developed any of the products in the article.
W.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your question/answer candidate here and if on-topic and reasonably presented a moderator will accept it as a comment or elevate it to a post.
You may request an elevated post to not be attributed to you. If not requested the first line in the post will attribute the post to you.
Any included links must be to publicly available sites which do not require registration to access them.