- Alabama DOT Road Conditions - click on the county box and a state map should pop up. Click on your county to get information about roads in your county. You can search using the route box for Interstates (I-#), US /routes (US #), & State Routes (SR #). The prefix A can be used to search for all routes of a particular type. There is also a link for construction bulletins that I find useful for planing trips.
- Alabama Severe Weather Watch - a service of The Alabama State Climatologist, UAHuntsville and The National Weather Service. Provides a radar map and a watch/warning map.
- Hourly Weather Forecast Graph - from the NWS. You can see up to 6 days of forecast. There is also a tabular version of this available.
- Lee County EMA: latest News and Information -one of the better county EMA sites in my opinion.
- Weather Underground: Auburn, AL - current conditions and forecast. It's easy to switch to other cities.
- Wundermap: Auburn, AL - from Weather Underground, map showing temperatures, radar, severe weather advisories, fronts, and storm tracks. This map can be easily paned or zoomed to see the area that you want.
Using Tech Resources in Extreme Weather
This is a list of links that I use to keep myself informed about extreme weather conditions.