2013-12-16

What You Should Know About the 2014 Light Bulb Ban

This is not an area that I normally cover but I found the article informative about a lower tech situation that we will all be facing in the new year.Personally I converted most of the lighting in my home to compact fluorescent several years ago.  When I was living in the RV I used CFLs in lamps and mounted 20 watt fluorescent fixtures to provide adequate reading light while reducing the heat load on my A/C unit.  When I bought my place and screw-in bulbs began to burn out I replaced them with the CFL I was used to.  I do use halogen lamps for the outdoor lights at my front and back door since most CFL doesn't get along with rain or very low temperatures.
I expect that as their use becomes more pervasive the cost of LED based illumination will come down as has happened with other electronic devices.
W.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your question/answer candidate here and if on-topic and reasonably presented a moderator will accept it as a comment or elevate it to a post.
You may request an elevated post to not be attributed to you. If not requested the first line in the post will attribute the post to you.
Any included links must be to publicly available sites which do not require registration to access them.